Posted on November 27, 2008 by ExMi
A Thursday photo meme, found here.The theme for this week is ‘SOFT‘.
Here’s my interpretation of it.
This picture was taken in May this year. The Kid would have been six months old. In the mornings, he’d wake up, I’d bring him back to bed with me, feed him a bottle, and he’d fall asleep and I’d leave him to sleep in my bed for an hour or so, while I made The Boyfriend breakfast and packed his lunch for work.
On this particular morning, I came back into the bedroom, and this is what I saw. The Kid sleeping with one hand thrown over his head, and his other hand tucked under his chin. The duvet pulled over his head. It made my heart completely soft with love.
I don’t know about other mommies, but I’m certainly of the firm belief that I love my child the most when he’s asleep. When his face is softened by sleep. His lips are all pouty, and he sleeps with complete abandon and trust. Faith that all is right with the world, and that there’s nothing that mommy and daddy can’t fix.
That, dear readers, is what makes my hard heart completely soft..
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo | Tagged: baby, love, meme, mommy, reasons to be a parent, sleep, trust | 5 Comments »
Posted on November 17, 2008 by ExMi
aka ‘the meme for creative moms‘. I found this over at Maternal Spark, and thought I’d like to jump on this bandwagon.
What’s inspiring you this week?
That’s a good one. I’m not too sure, so it might be good to get it written out. Let’s see. Things inspiring me:
- The need to organise the upstairs loft – it’s currently my study and The Kid’s playroom. I need to organise it so that his toys are better laid out, and my studying stuff is more organised. But how to make it kid and mommy friendly?
- The Kid’s birthday party we’re having this month. I’ve chosen an ‘under the sea’ theme, and have matching cups, plates and party packs. Now I need to think about party food, and little gifts to go in the party packs.
- Children’s stories. I want to write one for my Kid. And possibly even illustrate it, but I dont know if I’ll go that far. Inspiration for that? Enid Blyton’s The Magic Faraway Tree.
- Lists. I am making plenty of them, and they are scattered all over the house. I cant seem to get enough of making lists.
- My Kid is starting to walk. Not by himself yet, but he holds onto the back of my pants/skirt and walks behind me. I need to figure out how to get him walking by himself.
Any one got any suggestions on how to help me execute these inspirations?
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo | Tagged: baby, birthdays, books, lists, meme, stories, walking | 3 Comments »
Posted on November 15, 2008 by ExMi
The Saturday Smile:
A day to share about smiling. It may be a post about things that made you smile, something you did to make someone else smile, or a joke, video, photo or post that makes your readers smile. As long as it relates to smiling, it qualifies for Smiley Saturday!
My smile for the day?
I have a one year old son, now…And this picture made me CAN myself!
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo | Tagged: baby, birthdays, love, meme, mommy | 1 Comment »
Posted on November 12, 2008 by ExMi
Digging through the archives, I came up with this. One week old. And tomorrow, he’ll be one year old.
For more Wordless Wednesday particpants go here.
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo, parenting | Tagged: baby, meme, mommy, nappies, newborn, photo | 9 Comments »
Posted on November 8, 2008 by ExMi
Ripped from ‘The Zimmer Zoo’ – another mommy meme. Yes, I am obsessed with memes, I cant get enough.
First: Post a picture of you and your kids.
Second: Answer the questions.
- How many children do you have?
Just the one. The Kid.
- What are their ages?
1 on the 13th of November, baby!
- What time of day do you start your day?
6am generally. But then he drinks his bottle in bed with us, and goes back into his cot for another hours’ sleep.
- What do you eat for breakfast?
Toast and Bovril, with The Kid.
- Do they watch TV?
He watches occasionally. But I dont allow Barney or Teletubbies, that shit just freaks me out.
- What are their favorite activities?
Bashing things with a plastic hammer. Playing with the hosepipe and making mud. Eating.
- Do you get a break during the day from them?
Yes, during nap-time. He also goes to day care twice a week.
- How do you end your day?
A shower, read my book, read blogs, spend time with The Boyfriend and then lights out.
- What is your best parenting advice or tip?
Don’t disregard the fathers’ ideas. Sometimes they really work. Also, dont sweat the small stuff. And dont feel guilty. Really. Dont.
I dont tag anyone offhand, but if you want to do this one, let me know, so I can comment on yours!
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo, parenting | Tagged: baby, meme, mommy, mommy guilt, nap | 2 Comments »
Posted on November 1, 2008 by ExMi
Aren’t you lucky?
For the next month, I will be updating this blog, and my other blog (Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills) daily.
How come? Well it’s the NaBloPoMo. That is National Blog Posting Month for those of you who haven’t heard of this phenomenon. You have to post every day for the month of November. That’s every single day.
Most of my regular readers know I’m not that regular in updating my blog.
Well now you’ll have something to read, every day. (For the next month, at least.)
You can write whatever you like, and a picture even counts as a post. Sounds simple enough.
Who’s with me on this challenge?
Go sign up here.
If you’re participating, please leave me a comment, and make sure to fill in your URL so I can add you to my blogroll and reader.
Filed under: mommyhood, NaBloPoMo, parenting | Tagged: baby, blog things, challenges, love, meme, mommy, reality check | Leave a Comment »